Sunday, February 12, 2012

brunch munch duo: the letter b

mango and i started our "brunch munch duo" sisterhood of the expanding pant lines back in august with our letter "a" choice of alfalfa restaurant. many months overdue, it was time for our second stop.

there were slim pickin's for letter "b" breakfast/brunch places. of course, there was always bob evans or burger king, but we opted for joseph-beth's bronte bistro in lexington green instead. 
chai latte makes my heart par-tay
photo by silly blahgs

to offset my h-two-o intake for the day, i ordered a large chai latte. the mug was so large i almost took off my pink dansko's and jumped right in. was just goldilocks right for my hot bev craving.
oh, touché! creme brûlée french toast
photo by silly blahgs

i decided to multi-task my meal today by ordering the creme brûlée french toast. anytime i can squeeze in both a meal and dessert at once, well, that's the choice for me.

and a mighty good choice it was. after the first bite, my eyes blew up big time like the kit-cat clock. muy, muy tasty, and muy, muy sweet. who needs syrup? mango made note that it must be pretty sweet for MOI to say i didn't need syrup. that, my friend, is muy, muy true.

our waitress stopped by later and asked if we wanted any dessert. mango passed, and i pointed out that i already had mine, and waitress agreed. but, i added under my breath, i could still be convinced. unfortunately, she didn't hear me. although i was satisfiedly full, i felt slightly emptied in that the peach cobbler i saw on the menu board would not be mine. 

they say what the heart wants, the heart wants. and in my case, the belly wants too. it's almost valentine's, so fret not my dearest heart and belly, i suspect cupid's arrow will strike some sweetness your way soon.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! This looks so yummy! I love food posts, being on a diet and all :).

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have never read such a well-written post about breakfast! You are very talented! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah I know exactly how you feel, I need dessert to finish up a meal outside no matter how sweet a certain drink or dish was ;) And I love the concept of a lunch bunch working their way through restaurants alphabetically! :)
    Thanks for following my blog! I'm glad you did because I'm having so much fun reading yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. heehee, fun post. What I really want now is that latte.
    Stopped by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete